Hidden Oak Estates homes are zoned for the following Seminole County Schools. Visit Seminole County Public Schools for more information.
“The mission of the Seminole County Public Schools is to ensure that all Early Childhood Program and PreK – Grade 12 students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be productive citizens in our great country and in the global economy.”
Longwood Elementary School
Longwood Elementary School now reopened after a six-year hiatus and an overhaul to modernize the 58-year-old campus.
Greenwood Lakes Middle School
Greenwood Lakes Middle School is ranked 8th among the 12 rated middle schools in the Seminole School District and is a B rated school with an average standard test score of 54% for 2018. Greenwood Lakes has an overall student-to-teacher ratio of 19:1. In addition to standard statewide class curriculum, Greenwood Lakes Middle School offers gifted and talented classes. Special education programs are available at this school.
Lyman High School
Lyman High School is ranked 7th for Seminole School District. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Lyman High School is 65 percent. Lyman High School is a B rated school with an average standard test score of 48% for 2018. Lyman High school has a student population of just over 2000 with an overall student-to-teacher ratio of 17:1.
As a controlled choice district, school choice options that are permitted by School Board Policy 5.30, provide an opportunity for students to attend a school other than their zoned school.
- Ten SCPS schools offer nationally recognized magnet schools that provide students with an innovative, theme-based learning opportunity that matches the child’s special interests and abilities.
- Each year the district determines schools that have the capacity to accept students through voluntary school transfers. The transfer options available to elementary, middle, and high school students are published on this site.
- Seminole County Virtual Schools offers K-12 options for public, home, and private school students. Virtual schooling meets the demands of today’s digital learners through individualized instruction that moves beyond four walls and a clock.
- Through High School ePathways, students may enroll in Career and Technical courses that are not offered at the zone school at another school campus through flexible scheduling.
- McKay Scholarships within Seminole County align with the approved choice plan.